Obi 200 end-of-life notification

Hi. I just received a notification from Obihai that my Obi 200 will no longer have portal support for updating. I currently use it for both a Google Voice number as well as a VOIP.MS number.

Obihai suggested that we reach out to our service providers to see if there would be a way to update our Obitalks after October 31 when the portal closes.

Never been able to get my OB200 to dial out but it receives calls perfectly well.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Now I don’t feel quite as stupid.

1 Like

I can’t receive on my OBI200 either. When I call my DID ph # I get the busy signal.
I’ve changed to TLS and set ports to 5061 in all OBI settings where I find the port number option.

I can’t find the combination of settings that works. Can you tell me what settings you use to receive calls?

I appreciate any tips

I have an Obi202 (two port version of the Obi200) and it works perfectly on voipms. This is a very standard ATA device, so I promise you it can work.

A few tips:

1. Try starting with a fresh factory reset (paperclip method- while it’s powered on, press the Reset pin with a paperclip for 10 seconds), then follow the Manual Configuration Details at https://wiki.voip.ms/article/OBi_100/110_%26_OBi_200#Manual_Configuration_Details .

2. Make sure your voip.ms Subaccount that you’re using on the Obi has NAT (Network Address Translation) = yes. You’ll have endless problems on most internet setups if this isn’t set to yes. https://voip.ms/m/managesubaccount.php

3. The easiest way to check outbound calling is to dial 4443 (you can press # to skip the prompt).

4. (Advanced only) Are you familiar with Wireshark or tcpdump?

• An outgoing call should send e.g. “SIP INVITE sip:4443@denver.voip.ms” to voip.ms.
  • An incoming call should receive e.g. “SIP INVITE sip:400000_OBISUB@192.168.1.10” from voip.ms.
    Are you seeing these SIP INVITEs, and what responses are they getting?
2 Likes

thanks for all those tips bigVoIP!

I will give it a try.

Thanks BigVOIP!

UPDATE: So I deleted the Sub-account and reset my SIP Service Credentials username and password back to the Main (orig. ones I created).
Guess what? IT WORKS!

Been going nuts for 2 days trying to get this adapter to work. I think what did it
was your hard reset advice on the OBI adapter. That’s really the only thing I can think of that is different from yesterday. I was confused about needing a sub-account. Deleted that now everything is fine. thanks again.

Original Post:
Outbound Calling now Working! Amazing!
Inbound Calling: Not working. Get busy signal. (Working now).
So I reset the OBI200 adapter and entered all the config into it again. Yesterday I did not create the Sub-account on my VOIP.ms acct. which is why I guess I could not make any calls. Right now I am using the default UDP settings using port 5060. Should I try changing to TLS?

So I wonder if this is the problem:

Main Account: Current SIP registration State
Registration is required to receive incoming calls on your DID numbers (Excluding when DID is routed to Static IP subaccount or SIP URI). Make sure that your DIDs are routed to the proper server and account in DID Numbers → DID Management.

Important: Make sure you do not register more than 1 device/softphone per username or your service will not work properly. If you want to register more than 1 device/softphone/pbx to VoIP.ms, you can create Sub-Accounts. You can create as many Sub-Accounts as you wish. Registration is required on one server only.

My question: Is a sub-account required to make/recieve calls?
I now have one sub-account registered. Main account “No registration found”.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated
thanks for your help

Got my OBI200 working.
See my post below:
Obi 200 end-of-life notification - #8 by philsobi

Glad it’s all working. I generally use subaccounts. If you’ll ever have more than one device or phone on your voipms account, then subaccounts are mandatory.

Whether you use a single main account or subaccounts, make sure your DID (incoming number) is routing calls to the correct (sub)account:

1 Like

OK, thanks bigVOIP.
I couldn’t get mine to work using a sub account but maybe through the routing options I could have.

thanks for the info.

1 Like

Thanks Big,

That’s why I couldn’t get my sub-account to work.
Sub Account working now!

1 Like