Samsung Claims VoipMS app uses a lot of processor time

My Samsung a16 phone recently upgraded itself to Android 16 and started whining at me that VoipMS softphone is using a lot of processor time. I don’t see the change, Perhaps Samsung trying too hard to be helpful. Have you noticed that everytime they upgrade something (Like UI 1), something screws up?

I have a Sumsuck, er, Samsung phone running Android 16 too, but have not had it complain about softphone at all. The app is on for about 10 hours a day. Weird.

However, when calls inbound are attempted, it often doesn’t even ring the phone and ether goes to VM or gets a busy signal …

I can be right next to my WiFi router when that happens, so it’s not a connectivity issue … settings in the portal? Nope, they’re all correct. Having written my share of Android and iPhone apps, I suspect the quirk is in the app itself - and maybe its resource usage is triggering this … but why your phone and mine act different, only the Koreans know for sure :))

cheers,
- Howard