Just a rant, doubt there is any solution to it

If you delete subaccount, you need to come up with a new password. Grrrrr

But remaking the accounts didn’t help.

============
OK it was the PortSIP UC that was forwarding calls (immediately without showing any sign that a call came in) to the other internal extension number BUT it was set to ‘Forward if unanswered’ and the ‘No Answer Time’ was set to ‘25
I suppose that is 25 seconds. I think that was the offered default when I chose this forwarding. But maybe it is milliseconds and the phone didn’t have time to make even a one ring or show any activity? But that would be pretty stupid to set it in milliseconds.

The ‘Forward to:’ was set to that other mobile ph 1041 internal extension number. That’s why it was taking calls to ext 1080, except that PortSIP UC softphone with extension number 1080 was supposed to ring for those 25 seconds before forwarding the call to 1041

I forgot I set the PortSIP UC to forward calls but given that I did that, it should ring for 25 seconds, not act as if I set it to forward the call without ringing first for those 25 seconds.
If I didn’t want to take calls on this phone with PortSIP UC ext 1080, I would have checkmarked the other forwarding setting available, the one ‘Forward all calls’…

I have no doubt, it is a bug in PortSIP UC softphone, I might point it out on the appstore.

At least you found the culprit. :blush:

Yea, feels good :sweat_smile:

I feel like I could say, why didn’t I think of forwarding right away but that’s easy to see now.

I unistalled PortSIP UC since even after activating all those settings that should keep it alive all the time and use more battery, it still won’t receive incoming calls after the phone goes to lock screen for some time.

Besides that, those settings that it told me would use more battery power became inaccessible to disable after I OKed them. The section where you set it won’t respond to touch. Also it is devious when I tried to deactivate, disable the phone by changing registration info to invalid values, I wasn’t able to do it, except I could ‘sign out’… Don’t like such underhanded behavior, almost like a virus.

Coupled with no straightforward way to unregister and register, this just puts me off. And if it can’t receive calls when the phone is in standby mode (lock screen), that alone makes it dead duck.

I will give Groundwire a chance but I thought to use CSIPSimple on this newer phone too, it works or more exactly, it worked before this failed experiment with this PortSIP UC phone. When I tried to use CSIPSimple with another subaccount, there was UDP port conflict. I guess PortSIP UC uses 5060 automatically, so I changed CSIPSimple to use 5062 but now with PortSIP UC uninstalled, it refuses to register no mater what. either to a newly made subaccount, or to the one that PortSIP UC used to use. Something to do with an invalid DNS server something.

Makes me wonder if that PortSIP UC didn’t leave behind something nasty to teach those who get rid of it.

I hope not, because I tried it too. :smiling_face:

In a year or two, when you will finally buy Groundwire, you will shed a tear of joy :smiling_face_with_tear: and wonder why you didn’t do it before. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Well, I cannot give any guarantees for your usage, but on my side had a really great experience so far. But I would be surprised if it be different for you.)

Kind regards!

Well, I think it just did something with that UDP port 5060 because I had to use 5062 port for CSIPSimple. But that could be something temporary and it will get released for use with other phones in time.

BTW that one is now well behaved, I might stick with it for a while.

Fingers crossed this was last trouble, thanks for your replies so I didn’t have to deal with it alone .

1 Like