IVR and Ring Groups

I am struggling with an IVR and Ring Group issue. When I route the call to the “ALL” ring group, the phones all ring as expected. When I route the call to the IVR, choose option 1, and send the call to the “ALL” ring group, I hear a ring, but the phones don’t actually ring. The calls also end up in the User 1 mailbox instead of the “ALL” mailbox that is set up. I’m copying the same setup that works at another site. The only difference is that the 2nd site is on Starlink. No other internet option. It is CGNAT. The Starlink router is in bypass mode and everything passed to a UDMPro for routing. I’ve run VOIP over Starlink before with no issues. Site was previously on NetTalk as the VOIP provider.
Appreciate any tips on getting this to work.

Hello @wabyrd,

Each IVR has a voicemail it defaults to. Check it out, it probably is set to your User 1 (or the default DID is set to User 1).

Then, it is my take that there is probably just a little config issue to your IVR or ring group as what you do is a very common thing and works well for me. I can’t help much, but just go very slowly in your setup (IVR, Ring Group).

I am sure you will find the little detail that makes it fail for now. :blush:

Kind regards.

Alas, you were right! It was one small detail that was causing it to not work. I was including the main trunk number in the ring group. Just took a while to find the error. Once fixed, the call quality on Starlink is indistinguishable from a land line.

Now as for Starlink…I see the Grandstream DP750 signed in on both the VOIP.ms subaccount page as green and on the phones status page as green. However, it seems to de-register after some time. Not sure what the trigger is to cause it to de-register. It can be over random periods of time. A reboot fixes it, but I shouldn’t have to reboot every day or check to see if the phone is up every day.

I’m not sure if it’s related or not, but I did have to put the SIP server IP address in the server spot because it didn’t like the name listing (dallas1.voip.ms).

Thanks,
Bill

Hello @wabyrd,

I am glad for you that you could find the config problem. :+1:

For the loss of registration, this can be many things. Usually the only thing I recommend that fixes almost all the issues on SIP earth is to implement TLS connection. If you can do that with your device and are not doing it right now, this is the next move I would recommend. Otherwise, if you already use TLS, well, this will be trickier to find the reason why.

Check the wiki help, this is a bit tricky, but once implemented it should fix all your current connection issues (and avoid all the future ones you will never know about :joy:). I am a bit exaggerating here, but bottom line, most of such problems are often solved when doing so.

If you feel like having some technical reasons of why, you can check:

Kind regards,
Alexandre