How about providing specific erorr messages?

Tried to use the function “feature request” and, as has been happenening before recently, the “send” button at the bottom of the message field did not cause the message I had prepared to be sent, so I am posting a copy of my message to this forum. William, or whoever else can do it, please forward the information below to the right department - many thanks!

And, yeah, and it would be nice to see the “send” button for “feature requests” work like other send buttons. :slight_smile:

= = = = =

Hi, yesterday I wasted an hour trying to fix a problem with outgoing calls not working from one of my numbers (always getting a “busy” signal), only to find an email message later with the subject “Potentially Unauthorized Call Blocked” and a link to click to authorise using my number again. As someone who travels a lot I will frequently connect in ways that are “different from the regular calling patterns of the SIP/IAX account” as the email message puts it. Some of my numbers don’t have any “regular calling patterns” to start with, since I don’t use all the numbers all the time. In any case, getting a busy signal in the case of protective blocking is extremely unhelpful.

Therefore my related request:
Please replace the busy signal that is sent at times of protective call blocking with a message informing callers that calls from the number they are calling from have been temporarily blocked and that they need to check their email for more information.

On a more general note, it would actually be helpful if your systen were to transmit the regular “busy” signal only in those cases where a called party actually sends a “busy” notice, and for all other errors that internally prevent the system from completing a call (such as a configuration error) transmit a different signal (tone or voice) that would indicate to callers that there is an error that needs fixing.

= = = = =

Hello amateur,

Thank you for providing the information regarding the feature request button, as well as the specific feature request concerning Potentially Unauthorized calls. We will forward this information to the appropriate department for their review.

Thanks again